What are the dates for the programme?
Sunday, 30th of July – 12th of August 2017
What does the price include?
Please note that the price of the programme includes all of your costs once you arrive in China. We have arranged all of your meals, activities and trips. You will only need to bring a little cash for souvenirs.
- Pre-departure assistance
- Airport pick-up, drop-off and transfers to campus
- Accommodation in the centre of Shanghai
- Weekend trip to Hangzhou, China
- Transportation in Shanghai
- Breakfast and lunch everyday
- Breaktime amenities: healthy snacks and water
- 20 hours of Chinese Mandarin tuition
- 20 hours of Masterclasses
- Start-up workshops
- Teaching and course material
- Take-away graduation pack include case studies and handouts
- Graduation ceremony
- Graduation certificate and academic report
- Graduation pack with photos, souvenirs and OBS gifts
- Academic field trips
- Key note speaker presentation
- Networking sessions
- Careers fair
What does the price not include?
- Chinese tourist visa
- Individual medical and / or travel insurance
- Spending money for shopping and souvenirs
What are the entry requirements for the programme?
Applicants are not required to have previous Mandarin, Chinese studies, or business studies experience. Students must have good speaking and writing proficiencies in English.
However, applicants are required to have a keen interest in Mandarin, Chinese economics and politics, and Chinese culture.
We expect our applicants to demonstrate interests in one of the following fields: entrepreneurship, social enterprise initiatives, law, governance or policy-making.
If you are unsure whether you meet the entry requirements, please complete the application form followed by a separate email to us with your details. In your email, please provide an introduction to your background and we will communicate with you directly.
Who should apply?
There is no limitation as to which country, culture, or religion of the background of the student.
Oxford Bright Scholars China Enterprise Summer Programme 2016 is aimed at students and young professionals between the ages of 18 – 25 years old.
If you are just below, or above, this age bracket and would like to be considered for the China Enterprise Programme 2016 please contact the Oxford Bright Scholars team directly.
How much work is there during the programme?
Students will have some extra preparation reading to do outside of the classroom. In addition, past students often choose to use free time to complete business challenge project.